Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

How often have you felt this way? I have a pretty crappy immune system, so I find myself sick pretty often. My family has been sick for the last two weeks and I have managed to avoid it. Until today.


20140330-162938.jpg


It's just a head cold. Other than making me tired and having to blow my nose, it's really not that big of a thing. However, I'm still more than motivated to sit on my couch and watch the NCAA Tournament. With Michigan AND Michigan State being in the Elite 8 for the first time ever, it's a pretty big deal for our household. I am an alum of the University of Michigan and my husband is an alum of Michigan State University. (note: as of this post, there is 1:13 left in the Michigan State game, so the Final Four may be Spartanless).

I was thinking about a PrincipalCast episode we did about ways to keep yourself fresh and healthy. Some people exercise, some write, some read. I watch sports. It is a way to completely clear my head and think about anything else besides work. I love my work and I love my job, but I need a break. We ALL need a break. I have started making Saturday "no email" day. I turn my work email off and I don't check it all day. If the school is burning down or someone has an emergency, they have my cell number and can also IM me. I do NOT need to be waiting for something to happen or for someone to need me.

As I sit and angrily manage this head cold, I remind myself how happy I am that I have the NCAA Tournament to help me focus on something else. What do you do when you're sick and tired of being sick and tired?

Update: Michigan State lost to UConn by a score of 60-54. If Michigan doesn't beat KY this afternoon, I'm going to have to turn to baseball....

No comments:

Post a Comment