Monday, February 23, 2015

Creating a Mobile App for Your School - Yea or Nay?
















Once your website is published, you want as much information at the hands of your families as possible. According to the Pew Research Center, in 2015 "nearly two-thirds of Americans are now smartphone owners, and for many these devices are a key entry point to the online world." So, do you create a mobile app or not?

In my last article, I mentioned that I utilize Wix.com for my websites. They have a really great mobile site that could, for all intents and purposes, replace the need for an app. If you have other things you want to add to it, or really like the simple look of a screen with icons on it, you may want to look into building an app.
I have used iBuildApp in the past, and currently use Infinite Monkeys. I switched purely because of the pricing structure. I really liked the simplicity of iBuildApp and would highly suggest it for a starter app. As mentioned in my last article - be sure to take advantage of embedding things - it will make updating the app that much easier!

If you have more questions on app building or what it can be used for, be sure to reach out! principalstager@gmail.com.



Blessings!


Image Credit: Tsahi Levent-Levi
https://www.flickr.com/photos/86979666@N00/7809646882/

No comments:

Post a Comment