Friday, October 4, 2013

A Gentle Nudge #SAVMP #EdBDaily

Remembering to sit down and reflect can be so difficult in this job - and for good reason!  There are SO many things happening at the beginning of the year; standardized testing, students getting used to the classes, enforcing dress code, reminders of our processes, conferences with parents - the list goes on and on.

I find myself thinking through most of the day of all of the amazing things I could and should be doing, and also thinking of purely what I NEED to be doing.  All the while, I'm thinking about what happening through the day, how it could have been handled better, and what to watch for next time.

My #PrincipalCast crew (@PrincipalJ and @DrSpikeCook) have been chatting with me on #Voxer (http://www.voxer.com).  It's a great place to air concerns, reflect on ideas and discuss challenges.  It's nice to have a "safe place" to talk about the craziness of administration, but I think writing it down is just as important.

Our #SAVMP program has been kind of a bust for my group - not many of them are very in to Twitter, but I have created my own support group with principals I have found on Twitter, podcasts, blogs, etc.  It's nice to feel like we're not alone!

Thank you to all who continuously support me no matter how boring my blog posts or how mundane the situation.  I appreciate it ALL and think the world of each and every one of you.  Blessings on an amazing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment