Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Everything Happens for a Reason?

In the last week, I have had more staff turnover than I care to admit.  My admin is leaving due to home obligations, my music teacher has decided she can't teach my band (a brand new program in the school) and a whole host of other things.  It's been a very, very long week.

A few of my colleagues have reminded me that everything happens for a reason, it's not the people but the process, etc., etc.  It's true, but it's still difficult to handle as a first-year administrator.  I feel like I'm so exhausted learning the process of my own position, let alone the process of hiring more people and teaching them their positions.  Not to mention the good people we're losing.  I have never been one who was good with saying goodbye, so this is a part of the job that will be difficult for me.  Sometimes it feels like everything is piling up around me!


Luckily, everything does happen for a reason and everything WILL work out.  I truly believe this.  "God only gives you what you can handle."

I sometimes wish he didn't trust me so much!



1 comment:

  1. It must be difficult to transition from teaching to admin because they are such different jobs. I know that being in the classroom with my students is my exact most favorite spot (including being at Walt DisneyWorld!) I can't imagine having to give that up to do all the things I regularly avoid at all cost, like paperwork.

    That being said, I really appreciate what you do as a principal. Without a doubt it is the most important position in the school. You set the tone of the school, make sure it is clean, research, and go to bat for the kids, teachers and parents daily.

    ReplyDelete