Wednesday, December 3, 2014

12 Days of Christmas and Appreciating Each and Every One

Jessica Johnson shared a Google Doc with me this morning on the topic of the 12 Days of Christmas. It was an idea she received from Melinda Miller and Jay Posick - a way to show your staff that you appreciate them each of the 12 Days before Christmas break.  I love this idea!  They don't have to be big, extravagant gestures, but just a little something to brighten their day. 

A few ideas are candy canes, personalized Christmas cards, letting them wear flannel PJs to school, etc.  I am sure my staff would LOVE this idea, and I cannot wait to get started.

How about our friends and family? Of course you can't buy a candy cane for everyone you know, but how about something simple like 3 compliments a day? Sending someone you haven't talked to in a while a quick note that you're thinking about them. I can guarantee that the person you compliment on their scarf or nail polish will keep that with them all day.  I sent a text to a few of my oldest friends the other day reminding them how excited I am to see them during our annual night out after Christmas, and how fondly I remember our previous ones. 

Who's day can you make today? What small gesture can you give that may turn someone's day around?

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."

~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment