Monday, September 9, 2013

Never let your guard down! #SAVMP #EdBDaily

Soooooo…….

It's the first Monday of school for me.  I woke up this morning refreshed (after our first #principalpodcast last night!) and ready to start a new and full school week.  It is my son's 4th birthday today, so we had snacks ready for him - it's gym day so everyone is in sweats (uniform sweats, but sweats nonetheless) and the coolest principal ever changed dress-down days from Friday to Monday this year.  Yes, it's a good day to start the week.

Never let your guard down!

Just when you thought it was going to be the perfect day - life gets in the way.  The doors are locked when I get to the building.  Latchkey substitute overslept, secretary isn't in until 9:30AM (which I knew about yesterday) and the kids have just spilled fish food on the floor.  Every question anyone had I either didn't know the answer or couldn't find it.  Then our new automated communications system test went out (it was planned, everyone knew, and the message was "This is a test of the SchoolReach System.  THIS IS ONLY A TEST) and I had people calling the office making sure everything was ok because they just had received a call from the school.  My normal composed self was having a little trouble keeping it all together this morning.


Image courtesy of idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

If God brought you to it, he will bring you through it!  (I'll remind my school kids of this one day!)

The day WILL calm down, and I will get out of this pile of papers so I can get into the classrooms today to see the learning happening.  Until then, we take it as it comes.

I'll remember the next time I wake up ready and refreshed that I should be prepared for anything and everything that may come my way.  And I'll make sure to not let my guard down.